Tuesday, May 28, 2013

What??!!!


I thought I had seen it all.  Boy, I am so wrong. 

On the way to the library on Friday, I passed the Bountiful Cemetery and my eyes about popped out of their sockets.  There was a Coca Cola drink/food wagon sitting in the drive of the cemetery with large trashcans on either side.   I have seen flowers, flags, and special items placed on family members graves commemorating holidays but never a vending establishment in the cemetery.

I was going to stop at the cemetery office but there was a line of people waiting to talk to the caretaker.
The cemetery was really busy with with people placing mums on graves, cleaning grave markers, and two funerals.   

My only guess is that many people visit the cemetery Memorial Day weekend and someone decided to make a profit off everyone visiting or the cemetery has some sort of memorial service.  Whatever the reason, I just find it strange.

Below are some photographs I took and I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend.









1 comment:

  1. I hope the line of people was formed to complain about how inappropriate it was for a vendor to be at a cemetary.

    ReplyDelete