Tuesday, February 12, 2013




I took my last ORNEX tablets today and I am sad. I found an unopened dosage while I was cleaning out one of the bags I no longer use.  It was a found treasure.

Since this over the counter cold and flu remedy had pseudoephedrine in it, you had to show your I.D. every time you purchased it but this stuff worked.  Two blue caplets was all you needed to get well.  ORNEX could kill about any bug in your system.  ORNEX was expensive ($10 a box).  The pharmacies that carried ORNEX could not keep it on the shelf in the winter.  

It's a sad day because the manufacturer of ORNEX decided to stop producing this amazing drug.  Other medications with pseudoephedrine are not as affective. I have tried them.  Finding the ORNEX tablets this morning made my day.

I hope that the company that made it [I believe it was B.F. Ascher & Company, Inc.] will see a need to bring it back.  I sure hope so but I'm not putting any bets on it. Good-bye ORNEX.


No comments:

Post a Comment