Friday, February 8, 2013


The snow is finally falling and the schools are closing early.  I guess Allentown is actually going to get snow this time around.  According to the blizzard map, the Lehigh Valley will get at least 8" of snow.  Finally!  If it's going to be cold,  I want some snow to go along with the cold.  It makes it seem like winter.




















I always have to laugh when the Lehigh Valley has a snow alert.  People seem to go crazy.  There is a run on grocery stores, and backup generators, and the schools are closed.  It's a snow alert and the valley might get snow.  Someone please explain this to me.

Yesterday, when I went to pick up a few groceries [about 4:30 p.m.], the roads were practically white from all the salt on the asphalt   I feel bad for the people who work for department of roads. It rained earlier this morning and now, they are going to have to re-salt the same roads as yesterday. They will probably have to work through the night as well.  I just hope they are paid for their overtime.

I am not trying to pick on the Lehigh Valley but everywhere I have lived has had its quirks.  Here, people who raise the windshield wipers on their car humor me.  It is actually very practical since so many people do not have garages to park their vehicles.  Consequently, the day after it snows, they do not have to struggle with getting the windshield wipers loose from the car.  However, it is still a funny sight.




I'm all for preparedness. The present storm is going to be bad so be prepared and safe.  




No comments:

Post a Comment