Saturday, February 16, 2013


Leaving

It's happened again.  We are moving.  We are leaving Allentown and moving to Salt Lake City.  It is the best thing for us.  Salt Lake City has a much better job market than the East coast right now and we need jobs.

As I've started to pack boxes, it's funny how this made me begin to think of all the things we have not done while we were here.  I definitely did not get into New York City as often as I wanted and I didn't visit my long list of museums.  

Honestly, life just gets in the way.  You work all week and on the weekend, you have to run around and do everything you didn't get to do during the week.  I guess you could argue that if I really wanted, I could have made it into the city more, which is true, but it's a pain.  

However, I do have an agenda of what I want to do before we leave.  I plan to visit the Philadelphia Museum of Art.  I am going to really miss Philadelphia Museum of Art.  I've seen some excellent exhibitions.  I'm also going to the Barnes Foundation and back to the tile works to pick up some tiles.  I am finally going to make reservations and go through Independence Hall.  As many times as I have been to Philadelphia, and as many times as I've tried, the Independence Hall tour has always been booked.  I hope by going during the week I will have better luck. 

We will also eat at our favorite restaurants before we leave and of course, eat cheesesteaks.  I know we will not be able to get good cheesesteaks in Utah.

I have a lot to do over the next few weeks so I better get planning.



No comments:

Post a Comment